Monday, October 16, 2006

Avery Stout- completing the circle

Lately, I've found myself caught in a craft beer loop, a comfort zone with a circle of four or five micros to which I return again and again. It's still a decent variety, and I've grown to trust the quality of these breweries.

Last night, however, I happened upon a draft pull of Avery Stout from Colorado's and it was a treat. The beer is nutty and chewy, with a strong roasted flavor and enough body to back up what the opaque mahogany color and full aroma suggest.

Come to think of it, I've never had a disappointing Avery beer. I guess there's always room for my circle to get a little larger.

-Mark

1 comment:

'Don' Cialini said...

Dude, I have to be honest. Who wants their beer to be "nutty and chewy"? I mean if thats what I'm looking for, I'll eat a Payday...

Also, how about the occasional "Underrated Beer" to go along with Overrated column.